- The Department of Medical Imaging (DMI) provides a full range of imaging and therapeutic services to the Hospital and community. Our services are offered in both official languages.
- The Department of Medical Imaging is one of the largest imaging departments in Canada performing approximately 500,000 exams and seeing approximately 420,000 patient (visits) per year.
- In addition to our clinical responsibilities, DMI is affiliated with the University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine program supporting its Radiology Residency Training Program.
- DMI is also affiliated with various educational institutions providing clinical placement for Medical Radiation Technology(MRT) students in Ultrasound, General Radiography, MRI and Nuclear Medicine.
- Developing innovative and progressive imaging services stems from research. Working with the University of Ottawa and The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, our professional teams have initiated several research studies.
- These activities are a key factor in understanding and providing better utilization of our imaging technology.
Return to all departments