The Ottawa Hospital is pleased to offer both Sign Language Interpretation (ASL & LSQ) and Cultural Language Interpretation services to its patients. There is no cost to the patient for this service. Visit by appointment: At the time of the scheduling of your appointment, please notify the TOH representative that you need either a sign language or cultural language interpreter present.
Emergency Department: If arriving through the Emergency Department, notify us immediately that you need an interpreter and one will be booked for you.
In order to ensure that people with disabilities have appropriate access to health-care services at The Ottawa Hospital, and in order to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005, The Ottawa Hospital has been very active in recent years identifying barriers, removing barriers and preventing the creation of new barriers.
Please click on the link below to view:
- The Ottawa Hospital Multi-year Accessibility Plan 2018-2022
- Annual Report on Accessibility 2018
- Annual Report on Accessibility 2017
- Annual Report on Accessibility 2016
- Annual Report on Accessibility 2015
- Annual Report on Accessibility 2014
- Annual Report on Accessibility 2013
- The Ottawa Hospital Multi-year Accessibility Plan 2013-2017
- 2017 Accessibility Compliance Report and Comments
- 2015 AODA Self-Certified Accessibility Report
- 2013 AODA Self-Certified Accessibility Report
- Accessibility Policy
- AODA Compliance Documents:
- The Ottawa Hospital 2010 Customer Service Accessibility Report
- Examples of Assistive Devices available at The Ottawa Hospital
To submit your comments on Accessibility at The Ottawa Hospital, please complete the Feedback Form.
Do you need information in another format?
If you have a disability and would like information in a different format, please ask us. We will work with you to create the format that’s best for you. We are happy to support the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-737-8899 extension 75535 or 75303.
Do you use sign language as your preferred method of communication? Do you want to ask a question, share a compliment or file a complaint about services here at The Ottawa Hospital? You can use this “Feedback form” or contact Patient Relations at 613-798-5555, ext. 13377 by using the free SRV Canada VRS service. Your feedback is important to us. Reach us today.