Patient Advocacy is now the Department of Patient Relations.
Telephone: 613-798-5555 ext. 13377
Mail: The Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus
c/o Department of Patient Relations
1053 Carling Avenue, Box 133
Ottawa ON K1Y 4E9
The Department of Patient Relation’s mission is to participate in achieving The Ottawa Hospital’s vision by supporting the creation of optimal patient and family experiences and by promoting the active management of patient inquiries, feedback, and concerns.
The Department of Patient Relations is made up of professionals from various health care backgrounds who possess a wide range of skills and expertise. We strive to…
- Facilitate the resolution of patient and family concerns in a timely manner, in an atmosphere of respect, compassion, and fairness for all involved.
- Promote a culture of courtesy and respect in a patient-centered environment.
- Promote a culture of quality and patient safety.
- Proactively support the identification, analysis, and mitigation of potential risks for our patients.
- Provide expertise, support, and guidance through review of adverse events and critical incidents.
- Promote and practice evidence-based decision-making.
- Support and promote on-going learning.
Our Management Process
If you have questions, feedback or concerns about the care you or your family member is receiving, your health care team needs to know. Please don’t hesitate to initiate a discussion with your nurse, your physician or the clinical manager.
If, after speaking to the health care team and the manager, you feel your case requires further attention, we invite you to contact the Patient Relations Department. You may do so by telephone, letter, fax or email. Our department’s contact information is listed above. Our Patient Relations team also manages questions, feedback, or concerns regarding our French language services.
To follow-up on your concern, one of our patient relations specialists will contact you to explain our process, which includes obtaining your consent and certain additional information, as well as describing a likely timeline. Our process is open and transparent. We will keep you informed at appropriate intervals about the progress of the investigation. You are welcome to contact the patient relations specialist assigned to your case should you have additional questions or comments to share.
Do you use sign language as your preferred method of communication? Do you want to ask a question, share a compliment or file a concern about services here at The Ottawa Hospital? You can use this “Feedback form” or contact Patient Relations at 613-798-5555, ext. 13377 by using the free SRV Canada VRS service. Your feedback is important to us. Reach us today.