Patient Safety is a priority at The Ottawa Hospital. It is one of four quadrants that make up our Quality Framework:
- Appropriate (effective and efficient)
As a leader in patient safety, The Ottawa Hospital strives to create a Patient Safety Culture that features:
- Acknowledgement of the high risk and error-prone nature of health care activities
- A blame free environment where individuals are able to report errors and close calls without fear of reprimand or punishment
- An expectation of collaboration to seek solutions and create action plans
- A willingness on the part of the organization to divert resources for addressing safety concerns
Centre for Patient Safety
The Ottawa Hospital is home to The Centre for Patient Safety, a ‘virtual’ centre created in 2005 to guide TOH to provide the safest patient care through nationally recognized research, education, and evaluation methods.
The Centre is a result of a strong collective commitment from clinicians and renowned researchers at our hospital and our research arm, the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute to improve the safety of patient care at the hospital.
Last updated on: November 24th, 2016