The Ottawa Hospital’s Hyperbaric Medicine Unit is the only hospital-based hyperbaric unit in Eastern Ontario. Our dual-place chamber is used to provide both routine and emergency treatments on a daily basis. You will come to the Unit for an initial evaluation and follow-up visits as well.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is provided under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan for the following approved conditions:
- Air or Gas Embolism
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Smoke inhalation; Carbon Monoxide Complicated by Cyanide Poisoning
- Clostridial Myositis and Myonecrosis (Gas Gangrene)
- Crush Injury, Compartment Syndrome and Other Acute Traumatic Ischemias
- Decompression Sickness
- Enhancement of Healing in Selected Problem Wounds
- Exceptional Blood Loss (Anemia)
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
- Refractory Osteomyelitis
- Delayed Radiation Injury (Soft Tissue and Bony Necrosis)
- Compromised Skin Grafts and Flaps
- Thermal Burns
Private therapy for non-approved conditions cannot be purchased at The Ottawa Hospital.
Making an Appointment
Physician Referral Needed
(You can call the unit for information)
Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
General Campus: Eye Institute, 2nd Floor, Room 2503
Calls can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to 613-737-8966. After office hours, your call will be taken by one of our chamber operators.
Last updated on: May 15th, 2017