Many people live with disabilities. We are committed to giving all our patients equal access to our services. Please tell us:
- the best way to communicate with you
- if you have trouble seeing, hearing, speaking, understanding, remembering or moving about on your own
- if you use a cane, wheelchair, scooter, hearing aids, glasses, communication board, or other devices that help you
- if a sign-language interpreter could help
- if you have a support worker or service animal
- if, when, and how we can help you
We have some devices that we can lend to our patients. Please talk to a member of your patient care team about which ones could help you during your stay.
We can arrange Interpretation services for patients who do not know English or French. We can also arrange sign-language interpretation.
Our Patient Advocacy staff follow-up on all feedback from patients and families, including compliments, concerns or complaints.
Phone: 613-798-555 ext. 13377
Email: Patient Advocacy
Your health record, or chart, is a private document that is set out in a standard format by the Public Hospitals Act of Ontario. It contains information such as results of tests you have had, your medications, your appointments, and other information.
If you want information from your chart, or want to share information with another health-care provider, you must ask in writing and sign the request.
For more help, please contact the Health Records Department.
|Civic Campus||613-798-5555 ext. 18720|
|General Campus||613-737-8899 ext. 78800|
|Riverside Campus||613-738-8899 ext. 82231|
|TOH Cancer Center||613-737-7700 ext. 70274|
|TOH Rehabilitation Center||613-737-7350 ext. 75340|
MyChart is a secure, online service that lets you see your medical and personal health information from wherever you are, at any time. This helps you track your health status and make informed decisions. Patients can update and manage their own personal health information.
For more information about using MyChart, please ask your patient care team or contact the Health Records Department.
If you want to be anonymous while you are here or are concerned about a certain hospital staff member seeing personal health information, you can ask to have a “privacy level code” or “VIP warning flag” attached to your electronic health record. For more information, or to raise a concern, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Clinical Ethics Consultation Service
You can contact the ethics service at any time if you would like information or guidance on the ethical aspects of your care. This may include appropriateness of care, disagreements about your care plan, end-of-life care planning, and whether to withhold or withdraw care and treatment.
Comments and feedback
We want to hear from you about your stay at The Ottawa Hospital. Your comments help us to provide the highest-quality care. You can submit comments in three ways:
- Website: Fill out the form at the feedback link on The Ottawa Hospital website.
- Comment card: Please ask someone from your patient care team for a comment card. Your comments and your personal information are kept private. You can mail your card back to us after you leave the hospital or put it in the box on your unit.
- Survey: Some patients will get a survey from a research company. You do not have to fill in the survey. Your answers and your personal information are kept private. If you do not want the survey sent to you, please call the research company.