We want to ensure that your time spent at the clinic is focused as much as possible on your care. You can help us do that by learning how to come prepared for your visit.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- Have your valid OHIP card ready when you check in.
- Ensure all immunization records are kept up to date.
- Wear loose fitting clothes or clothes that are easy to remove if necessary (e.g: Wearing a short sleeved shirt if we will be taking your blood pressure)
- Bring any forms you have for the doctor to complete, with your portion fully completed before arriving.
- If you have been in hospital recently or had a visit to the Emergency room, inform your health-care team so they can give you the best care possible.
- Tell a member of your health-care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when you go home from your appointment.
- Be involved in your health care. Speak up if you have any questions or concerns about your care.
Bring all of your medications with you to every appointment. Please bring the actual vials (bottles) that you received from the pharmacy with you to your appointment. Do not just bring a list.
Also don’t forget to ask for any prescription renewals that are needed, as we do not refill them by phone.
Need help planning for your appointment?
This simple patient tool will help you plan for your appointment with your health provider. It also gives you a checklist of what you need to know when you leave your appointment.
If you find it useful, print it out and take it with you!