Therapeutic Recreation responds to a patient’s leisure needs by offering a wide range of recreational programs and services that promote a holistic approach to healing. We promote wellness through counseling, education and participation. We also introduce patients to new and creative methods of participation as well as new activities that will provide them with enjoyable and meaningful leisure experiences.
- To provide constructive, enjoyable and creative leisure activities.
- To promote an atmosphere conducive to mental and physical recovery.
- To improve morale and create a sense of well-being and interest in life
- To help patients develop healthy, social, relationships and a feeling of acceptance.
- To help patients accept their disabilities and build a positive attitude on their existing strengths and abilities.
Last updated on: December 23rd, 2016