Here are some community resources on mental health, addictions, and crisis support that you might find helpful:
- eMental Health – eMentalHealth provides online anonymous, confidential information about mental health services and resources for Canadians.
- Anxiety Disorders Association Of Ontario –The Anxiety Disorders Association of Ontario (ADAO) focuses on the experiences and perspectives of people who experience anxiety.
- Lifestyle Enrichment for Senior Adults (LESA) – This is a substance abuse and problem-gambling counselling service for seniors that is offered across the City of Ottawa.
- Mental Health Crisis Line – This crisis line provides a toll-free phone access that runs 24/7, in both English and French. They provide screening, assessment, referrals, support in a crisis, suicide intervention, and a transfer to the Local Crisis Team or to emergency services when advisable.
Within Ottawa: 613-722-6914
Outside Ottawa: 1-866-996-0991
Quebec: 819-595-9999 or 1-866-277-3553
- Child, Youth and Family Crisis Line for Eastern Ontario – This crisis line provides support services to parents and youth who feel overwhelmed or who are in crisis.
Within Ottawa: 613-260-2360
Toll free: 1-877-377-7775
- Mood Gym
Last updated on: December 5th, 2016