The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) Trauma Services provides comprehensive, quality care to injured patients.
As a tertiary trauma centre, TOH Trauma Services assumes a leadership role in the development, evaluation and continuous quality improvement of adult trauma care for Eastern Ontario.
- TOH Trauma Services is committed to excellence in compassionate, patient-centred care from the time of injury through to discharge.
- TOH Trauma Services coordinates and delivers trauma-related education across all health care disciplines at the local, regional, and national levels.
- The TOH Trauma Services team is actively involved with the identification, initiation, publication and dissemination of research related to trauma care as a foundation for evidence-based practice.
- TOH Trauma Services actively collects and analyzes comprehensive data on all trauma patients for inclusion in provincial and national reports, to monitor and optimize patient care.
- Injury Prevention is an integral part of TOH Trauma Services, encompassing a strong liaison with the both community, and our provincial and national partners.
Last updated on: April 19th, 2017