The Rehabilitation Centre Volunteer Association is a registered charitable organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life of patients at The Rehabilitation Centre by:
- providing financial and “in-kind” assistance to patients of the Centre,
- providing support for recreational programs and materials for the enjoyment of the patients, in cooperation with TRC staff,
- responding to requests from the Centre for non-capital equipment and supplies for the benefit and enjoyment of the patients,
- enhancing the TRC’s volunteer program by supporting volunteer development, retention and recognition,
- developing and implementing optimal fundraising activities,
- practicing effective stewardship of limited resources,
- collaborating with TRC and TOHF to maximize efforts which will benefit TRC patients.
The Association raises funds through the operation of a Café, an annual charity auction and other fundraising events such as the fall bazaar, and the book and chili sale. Donations are most welcome
The Association holds the following values:
- Respect – respect and dignity for individuals regardless of their situation;
- Accountability – accountability to our donors and the general public for the funds we raise and how they are distributed;
- Collaboration – collaborative, cooperative relations with hospital staff;
- Confidentiality – respect for patient confidentiality and privacy;
- Development – the provision of opportunities for volunteers to innovate, improve and grow;
- Stewardship – effective stewardship of its financial and human resources.
The Rehabilitation Centre Volunteer Association is comprised of all volunteers at The Rehabilitation Centre and is governed by a Board of Directors, elected by members of The Association. The Board is responsible for strategic planning, risk identification and management, fiscal decisions, oversight of operational tasks and communication with members and stakeholders.
Supporting The Association
You can support The Association by giving of your time and talent and/or by making a financial contribution.
Financial contributions can be made by cheque (payable to The Rehabilitation Centre Volunteer Association), VISA or MasterCard. Receipts for income tax purposes are issued for donations of $10 or more.
The Rehabilitation Centre Volunteer Association
505 Smyth Road
Ottawa ON K1H 8M2
Tel: (613) 737-7350 ext. 75476
Last updated on: November 3rd, 2017