Media Access to The Ottawa Hospital
In order to protect patient confidentiality, all members of the media must be escorted by a member of Media Relations (or delegate) when on hospital property. Unescorted media will be asked to leave the premises by Security. All members of the media should identify themselves and the news outlet they represent once they arrive in hospital.
Things to keep in mind:
- Being in hospital is a stressful time for our patients and their families. The Ottawa Hospital’s first priority is to provide compassionate, quality care to our patients and support families during their time of need. Patients and family may not wish to have media involved and we ask that media please respect their wishes.
- Staff and physicians have the right to refuse requests from media.
- Media Relations will coordinate patient interviews in hospital with clinical staff. All patients must sign a consent form prior to their participation in media events. Media relations will be present during the duration of the interview.
- The Ottawa Hospital will try to provide experts on various topics but our experts may not be available within given the time frame.
- Our health-care professionals can not comment on a specific patient even with patient consent.