Drug Information and Prescriptions
Prescription Renewal Policy
We do not normally renew medications by fax or phone. However if you are in dire need, we will provide short-term prescriptions until you can come in for an appointment. Please note that there is a charge associated with this service. While you are here, this is also a great opportunity to:
- Reassess your condition and evaluate your progress on the medication(s)
- Assess whether any other medical problems have developed since your last visit
- Update you on new medications
- Answer any questions you may have regarding side effects
Tips for Managing your Prescriptions:
- Make an appointment to come see us before your medication is finished. Make sure to call at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
- Make sure that you have enough medication to last you until your next visit
- Write down the date of your last refill on the calendar: If you run out in July, make sure to call to book an appointment to refill in June!
- Bring ALL of your medications (no matter where they are obtained) to each appointment in order to ensure accurate refills and to keep the clinic medication list up to date
Are you from Quebec?
If you live in the province of Quebec, or do not have provincial health coverage, all clinical visits are considered “fee for service” and are to be paid at your appointment. Payments can be made by debit, VISA, Mastercard, or cheque.
If you have a question about your invoice, please call our main clinic line, and select the telephone menu option for “billing inquiries.”
Quebec Payment Reimbursement
Once payments have been received in full, a receipt will be issued along with the Out of Province claim form, which you can send to the Régie for reimbursement. You have a time period of 3 months from the date of your appointment in which you can receive reimbursement from the Régie.
If you have any questions about your reimbursement, please contact the Régie directly at: 1-800-561-9749, or visit their website at: www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca.
Régie de L’assurance maladie du Québec
Case Postale 6600 – Succ Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1K 7T3
If you are a patient without any Canadian health coverage there may be a fee charged by The Ottawa Hospital, in addition to the medical fee for the services listed below. Please contact The Ottawa Hospital’s Financial Services Department directly at 613-761-4444 if you have any questions or would like more information.
Services that are Uninsured
The following services are not covered by OHIP. You may be asked to pay for these services at the time of your visit. Current rates are posted at each clinic.
- Travel Advice
- Mantoux Test
- Missed Appointment
- Fax Refills of Prescriptions
- Sick Note
- Back to Work Notes
- School / Daycare / Camp Forms
- Fitness Club Form
- Drivers Medical Exam and Completed Form
- EI (UIC) Disability Medical Report Form
- Rev. Canada Federal Disability Tax Credit
- Travel Cancellation Form
- Citizenship and Immigration Report
- CPP Disability Medical Report Form
- Transfer of Medical Records (1-5 pages)
- Faxing and Photocopying
- Other Forms not covered by OHIP
Procedures that are Uninsured:
- Skin Tags (1-5)
- Moles (shave)
- Moles / Cysts (Excision)
- Wart Treatment (per lesion/wart)