The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) has been the host site of the Champlain LHIN’s Regional Stroke Centre for the past decade, as designated by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MoHLTC).
The Champlain Regional Stroke Network (CRSN) is one of 11 stroke networks in Ontario. Regional stroke networks are a part of the Ontario Stroke System and are accountable for the leadership, development, implementation and coordination of stroke care within their region and the provision of stroke care based on best practices and evidence. The leadership of the OSS is provided by CorHealth Ontario and the Champlain Regional Stroke Network Steering Committee.
The CRSN is a key healthcare partner supporting coordination of stroke care throughout the Champlain LHIN across all points in the stroke care continuum.
Vision: Fewer strokes. Better outcomes.
Mission: To continuously improve stroke prevention, care, recovery and re-integration.
Find out more about our team, and the work we do in our mission to continuously improve stroke prevention, care, recovery and re-integration. For more information visit our Regional Stroke Network website.
Stroke prevention clinic in Champlain
Want to refer a patient?
- The Ottawa Hospital SPC – TOH SPC Referral form
- Cornwall Community Hospital SPC – PDF of referral form
- Queensway Carleton Hospital SPC– only accepts patients referred from their own emergency department
- Pembroke Hospital SPC – PDF of referral form
Referrals are accepted by Medical Doctors and Nurse Practitioners only.
Criteria for patient referral:
- Patients who have experienced symptoms of a stroke or TIA and have not been assessed by a neurologist for this event
- Patients who have concerning risk factors
- Quebec patients are accepted if the referral is sent by an emergency department physician or a specialist.
Champlain LHIN Stroke Services Map:
Contact the Champlain Regional Stroke Network:
Champlain Regional Stroke Network
The Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus
CPC Main North, 1053 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4E9
Telephone: 613-798-5555 x 16153
Website: Regional Stroke Network
Contact the TOH Stroke Prevention Clinic:
Telephone: 613-798-5555 x16156
Website: Stroke Prevention Clincs
Contact the Pembroke District Stroke Centre:
Pembroke Regional Hospital
705 Mackay Street, Pembroke ON K8A 1G8
Last updated on: February 3rd, 2020