The Breast Health Centre (BHC) is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for breast patients across the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). It is a comprehensive breast centre that offers expertise in breast imaging, diagnosis, risk assessment, surgical planning and psychosocial support in a caring and efficient environment for individuals with breast cancer and other breast concerns.
The BHC features new, state-of-the-art equipment and will provide a more efficient and comfortable experience for those going through diagnosis and/or treatment. It’s a revolution in breast health that will benefit patients in our region.
With the Breast Health Centre located at the General Campus in the Cancer Centre, on the 4th floor, patients are closer to the areas where they may have appointments or other forms of treatment which makes their journey more seamless.
This new Breast Health Centre was created entirely through community fundraising and speaks to the generosity of the Ottawa region.
The inter-professional team working in the Centre consists of radiologists, breast imaging technologists, surgeons, nurses, medical oncologists, family physicians, social workers, and clerical staff.
- Provide you with breast imaging services (i.e.: digital mammography, ultrasound, breast MRI, core needle biopsy)
- Coordinate your diagnostic workup for breast abnormalities and present you with treatment options
- Offer psychosocial support (information, resources, educational sessions, emotional support) to you and your family
- Provide you with expert surgical assessment, planning, and perioperative care
Dr. Erin Cordeiro
Breast Health Centre Medical Director
Dr. Jean Seely
Head of Breast Imaging
Manager, Breast Imaging
Making an Appointment
A physician referral is required for a consultation at the Centre. Referrals can be sent by fax: 613-761-4994.
Breast Imaging requisitions; including mammogram, breast ultrasound, and breast biopsy, can be made by physicians. Referring physicians should complete a diagnostic imaging requisition and fax it to the Breast Imaging Booking Office at 613-761-4405.
The phone number of the Breast Imaging Booking Office is 613-761-4831 option 5.
- Diagnostic Imaging Requisition
- The Ottawa Hospital Breast Health Centre Physician Referral Form
- The Ottawa Hospital Breast Health Centre Physician Referral Guide
- Location Map
The Ottawa Hospital General Campus
501 Smyth Rd., 4th floor of the Cancer Centre (Minto Pavilion)
Hours: Mon. – Fri.: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tel. No.: (613) 761-4400
Booking Office: 613-761-4831, option 5
Last updated on: January 20th, 2021