We are the Healthy Lifestyle and Diabetes Program!
As part of this free program from The Ottawa Hospital’s Academic Family Health Team, we will help you discover the tools and information you need to:
- Find out if you have diabetes
- Manage your diabetes
- Make the right nutritional choices
- Set healthier lifestyle goals
- Gain confidence and take charge of your health!
Our program is intended for Ottawa residents who are over 18 years of age who have been diagnosed with (or are at risk for) Type 2 Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes.
- Healthy Lifestyle and Diabetes Program Brochure (Bilingual)
- Diabetes Central Ottawa Intake Referral Form
If you are interested in meeting with our team, or finding out what classes and sessions we are currently offering, please contact:
Here are some community resources that you might find helpful:
- Canadian Diabetes Association – Helps those affected by diabetes live healthy lives, works to prevent the onset and consequences of diabetes
- Champlain LHIN Diabetes Services – Provides links to services, tools, and resources to those affected by diabetes
- Foot Services across the Champlain LHIN Region – Find a foot care service in the Champlain region
- www.diabetescarecommunity.ca – Provides a variety of resources for Diabetes including articles on all topics related to diabetes management, recipe index, forums for asking questions, and videos.