What Is Total Foot Care (TFC)?
Total Foot Care is a clinic which offers a variety of services related to the prevention, diagnosis and management of disorders of the foot and ankle (Chiropody).
Who Is Eligible For Total Foot Care?
People of any age and in various states of health may need to see a chiropodist. Total Foot Care offers services to people for a range of problems and focuses primarily on the treatment of the high risk foot and biomechanics. Total Foot Care provides both inpatient and outpatient services.
No referral is necessary to access the biomechanical services at TFC. A referral is required for all other services. All services are offered by appointment only.
Who Are The Members Of The Total Foot Care Clinic?
- biomechanical specialist
- shoe technician
Chiropody interns from The Michener Institute in Toronto complete their final year clinical rotation at the clinic, gaining valuable clinical experience. The Total Foot Care chiropodists work closely with many specialists including dermatologists, vascular surgeons and home care services.
What Services Does Total Foot Care Offer?
- Management of the high risk foot, limb salvage and wound management
- The high risk foot includes patients with diabetes, peripheral vascular disease and severe arthritis.
- This enables outpatient to maintain their independence while preventing or resolving potential amputations.
- Treatment approaches vary but often include sharp debridement, appropriate dressing changes, and offloading devices
- Biomechanical assessments and management for any foot dysfunction
- Gait analysis and F-Scan (in-shoe pressure) analysis
- Custom foot orthotic prescription, casting, and manufacturing
- Evaluation of current footwear
- Advice on proper footwear
- Sale of appropriate footwear
- Measuring and dispensing of custom footwear
- Management of lower back pain, plantar fasciitis, corns, tendonitis, ankle sprains, neuritis, metatarsalgia, foot strain, in-toeing, out-toeing, knee pain, etc…
- Some services and devices may be covered by private insurance companies, the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), Non-Insured Health Benefits Program (NIHBP) and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Nail surgeries for ingrown toenails
- Pediatric foot assessments
- Basic foot care such as the treatment of corns, calluses, nail disorders and warts
For More Information:
Total Foot Care can be reached by calling 613-737-7350 ext. 75612 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The office is closed between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.