- Compassion: Understanding and respect are at the heart of everything we do. Compassion is ingrained in our history and inspires our future. We provide compassionate care to our patients and promote compassion among our teams.
- A commitment to quality: Team members share an awareness of, and commitment to quality care for and safety of our patients, visitors and team members. We achieve this goal by continuously striving for excellence in all aspects of our operations.
- Working together: Our culture is built on mutual respect, teamwork and compassion. We work side by side with colleagues at all levels, from diverse backgrounds, both professionally and culturally and with a commitment to shared success and celebrating others’ achievements.
- Respect for the individual: We are committed to creating a space for staff, patients and the community that is both diverse and inclusive, where differences are celebrated, and everyone feels valued. We offer an inclusive workplace, foster understanding and promote empathy.
Creating an inclusive environment
The Ottawa Hospital is filled with many people with different backgrounds who are committed to the hospital’s mission of providing each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion they would want for a loved one. And just as staff are committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to those who walk through the hospital’s doors, The Ottawa Hospital is committed to creating an environment that values, respects and recognizes individuals for their uniqueness, talents, skills, abilities and contributions. The community and the patients TOH serve are diverse, and it’s important that the hospital’s workforce reflects this diversity.
What’s important to you is important to us
- Competitive total rewards: We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
- Wellness: We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment and ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all our staff. It’s important to us that our staff have the resources to be their best. We offer various programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Diversity and inclusion: Building an inclusive, diverse and engaging work environment are always top of mind. Our goal is to encourage, value and celebrate differences in people and perspectives.
- Development opportunities: We care about helping you to discover, apply and develop your strengths and talents. We offer mentorship opportunities, leadership training, and professional development courses.
- Orientation and training: Setting you up for success is essential to you reaching your goals. We offer comprehensive corporate orientation for all new employees along with job training and education.
- Innovation and research: Working together with the Research Institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, we are continually gaining national and international recognition for innovative research, world-first scientific discoveries, and game-changing advances in medical and clinical practice.
Last updated on: February 10th, 2021