November 4 is Grade 9 Job Shadowing Day Virtual Event at TOH!
Give your grade 9 student a chance to see what it’s like to work in health care.
Grade 9 Job Shadow Day (or Take Your Kid to Work Day) at TOH gives Grade 9 students a chance to visit exciting parts of the Hospital by participating in a tour or by shadowing either a parent or other TOH employee. Students obtain a realistic view of our workplace and begin to understand the challenges and opportunities within health care.
This year, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be unable to host any students in the Hospital, so instead we are inviting all students to join us for our first ever virtual event! To participate, students will need to complete the registration form. Event information, including links, will be sent out to the students by no later than November 2.
Goals for Grade 9 Job Shadowing Day
- To show students how one person’s job contributes to the whole organization.
- To link classroom knowledge to workplace experiences.
- To invest in the workplace of the future by supporting career education today.
- To promote continuous, life-long learning.
- To help students explore career options in a hospital.
For further information, please send an e-mail to
Who is eligible to attend the virtual event?
Everyone. This is a virtual event and the link to the presentations will be available on TOH’s external website. By registering a student, they will be provided the corresponding links to participate.
Can I invite a child that is not my own to participate?
Yes. All students can have access to the link.
What will the agenda for the day look like?
- Students will need to register in advance to receive all the links necessary to participate.
- Presentations start at 9:00 a.m. and go until approx. 3:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to participate for the entire day.
- The virtual event will be conducted in collaboration with the Learning Partnership; therefore, throughout the day, students will attend some sessions hosted by TOH and others which will be hosted directly by The Learning Partnership.
- There will be a portion of the day that will allow for students to select sessions based on their subjects of interest.
- A formal agenda will be sent out a few days prior to the event.
How do I register a student?
Please fill out the Registration Form available online. If you register you will receive further event information to help guide you though the day.
Can I bring my child in for parent shadowing?
No. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, students are not allowed in the hospital. We encourage all students to join us for the virtual event this year.
Last updated on: February 10th, 2021