The Ottawa Hospital
One of Canada’s largest teaching and research hospitals, The Ottawa Hospital is a multi-campus academic health sciences centre serving the 1.2 million residents of Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, in both English and French. Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research.
The Ottawa Hospital is seeking a high energy, flexible, dynamic healthcare leader to join its team in an exciting opportunity to serve as Clinical Manager, Surgical Suites.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, this position provides leadership, direction and supervision for the delivery of the TOH Surgical Service Line. This includes ensuring compliance in the delivery of patient care according to the professional standards and regulatory requirements, that all aspects of the service area are fully integrated, that the services are provided safely and at the highest quality of care, and that corporate priorities and initiatives are managed effectively. This position will oversee initiatives that improve patient experience, staff experience, and program efficiency.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the coordination and management of the all services provided. This position will also be integral to upholding the vision of TOH, to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion that we would want for our loved ones.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in a regulated Health Profession, Health Administration or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of healthcare experience in diverse positions in an acute care hospital setting;
- Three years in healthcare leadership;
- Strong leadership skills to support and provide direction to staff in a highly stressful and rapidly changing environment;
- Proven ability in working effectively with all members of the health care team;
- Excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation, conflict resolution and decision making skills;
- Knowledge of statistics and ability to analyze fiscal patient care data;
- Knowledge of Hospital policies and procedures, relative legislation, collective agreements. Canadian Hospital Association Standards, College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice, nursing theories and a research based professional role.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care;
- Knowledge of budgeting process;
- Knowledge of computers;
- Ability to maintain a high level of concentration in a busy working environment.
- Master’s Degree in a Management, Nursing or Administration related program;
- Three (3) to five (5) years operating room experience;
- Proficiency in English and French oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
How to Apply
If you are interested in being part of the team of health-care professionals at The Ottawa Hospital, please submit an online application to apply for the Job Opening ID 70966.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.