The Ottawa Hospital
One of Canada’s largest teaching and research hospitals, The Ottawa Hospital is a multi-campus academic health sciences centre serving the 1.2 million residents of Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, in both English and French. Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, this position provides leadership, direction and supervision for the day-to-day operations of the clinical unit. This position ensures the delivery of organized integrated clinical services to the patient while maintaining safety and high quality care. This position ensures an integrated relationship with the physician leads to operate the unit.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in a regulated Health Profession, Health Administration or a related field;
- Registered Health Professional eligible to practice in Ontario
- Certifications relevant to the unit and patient population;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years recent clinical experience in a related area of health care delivery in a tertiary care health centre;
- Experience in a leadership or management capacity;
- Ability to learn and apply hospital policies and procedures, relative legislation, collective agreements, Canadian Hospital Accreditation Standards, Professional Disciplines Standards for Ontario;
- Excellent knowledge of principles of management and research based practice;
- Knowledge of health care disciplines in clinical services and their role in patient care;
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care;
- Ability to respond to large numbers of simultaneous demands from staff, physicians, Logistical Services, Human Resources, etc.;
- Active participation in work related initiatives;
- Expert communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups;
- Demonstration of leadership and facilitator/coaching skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to be an effective change agent;
- Ability to determine feasibility of potential research, educational or clinical initiatives;
- Strives to undertake all activities in an efficient and effective manner;
- Proven ability in working effectively with all members of health-care team;
- Ability to identify potential for patient or institutional risk and intervene appropriately;
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new and unexpected events;
- Ability to work independently;
- Exhibits mature judgement in clinical, educational and administrative matters;
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Outlook).
- Membership in relevant association;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
How to Apply
If you are interested in being part of the team of health-care professionals at The Ottawa Hospital, please submit an online application to apply for the Job Opening ID 72601.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.