The mission of the Riverside Campus Auxiliary is to support the hospital in providing the highest quality of care possible for all its patients.
- To augment and to supplement, where desirable, services rendered by the hospital;
- To encourage each Auxiliary member to participate as a member of a team whose objective is to improve the quality of life for each patient;
- To offer unique services to patients and to provide an atmosphere of warmth and helpfulness, thus making the hospital a better place for all;
- To promote awareness that the Auxiliary, through its contributions of time, energy, experience and wisdom, is an invaluable resource;
- To generate funds through some of its services:
- For the purchase of equipment and other items to enhance the quality of life for the patient;
- To provide financial assistance for approved courses and training for Hospital and Auxiliary staff;
- To acknowledge the value of the contribution made by individual members;
- To maintain an organization that is efficient and responsive to change.
The Riverside Auxiliary has been active since 1967 providing high quality patient care, supporting research projects and funding specialized equipment. The Auxiliary provides a caring environment, appropriate training, educational opportunities, ongoing personal recognition and support for its members. The Auxiliary offers unique services to patients and provides an atmosphere of warmth and helpfulness, making the hospital a better place for all.
In 2005-2006, 270 volunteers contributed more than 31,300 hours of service and collectively, the Riverside Campus Auxiliary made the following donations to The Ottawa Hospital:
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Educational opportunities and social activities
- Annual General Meeting
- Service recognition program
- Uniform ($10.00 deposit)
- Telephone available in Volunteer lounge
|Adult||Are at least 18 years of age;
Receive all mailings;
May hold office; and
May attend conferences on behalf of the Auxiliary.
|Student||Are 14 to 17 years of age;
Receive all mailings;
May attend conferences on behalf of the Auxiliary;
May not hold office.
|Honorary||Auxiliary Honorary Membership is bestowed upon:
A past President of the Auxiliary;
Auxiliary volunteers who have contributed 20 plus years or more than 10,000 hours of service; or
Individuals or corporations that provide outstanding service to the Auxiliary and/or the Hospital.
|Life||Auxiliary Life Members:
Receive a certificate and all mailings, including the annual report;
Have their names listed on the Life Member recognition board;
May not hold office nor attend conferences on behalf of the Auxiliary unless they are also active members.
Boards and Committees
The Auxiliary is managed by a 15 member Board of Directors with 1 ex-officio:
- Past President (head of the nominating committee)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Vice Presidents
- Recording Secretary
- Two members-at-large (one of whom is the Assistant Treasurer)
- Correspondence & Membership Secretary
- Three Co-chairs of the Gift Shop
- Chair – Coffee Shop
- Chair – Public Relations
- Manager of Volunteer Services (ex-officio, non-voting)
Tel: 613-738-8400 ext. 82318